AMFM is one of the top depression treatment centers in Southern California with evidence-based behavioral therapies, the best team of physicians and mental health experts.
What makes us the best depression treatment center in Southern California?
We are a fully licensed and accredited mental health treatment center for depression with an experienced team of medical professionals, behavioral therapists, and RNs. We are in-network with all the relevant insurance carriers and offer the highest quality mental health treatment in California.
We have a 2-to-1 client-to-staff ratio, and we offer around-the-clock medical care and assistance. As one of the leading depression treatment centers in Southern California, we have transformed the lives of hundreds of individuals battling mental health issues with our evidence-based clinical treatments.
Treatment for depression
Depression is a serious mental health problem requiring timely treatment to avoid fatal consequences. Here are some of the most commonly used treatments for depression:
- Medications – Your medical practitioner may prescribe antidepressants, antianxiety, and antipsychotic medications to overcome depression.
- Psychotherapy – You will go through a series of psychotherapy sessions to help reprocess your negative emotions and feelings. Psychotherapies also help patients develop essential life skills and other coping mechanisms to lead a healthy, happy, and fulfilling life.
- Lifestyle changes – Adopting healthy lifestyle practices such as 30 minutes of exercise a day, abstaining from smoking or consuming alcohol/drugs, eating a healthy diet, staying close to family, etc.
As one of the pioneer mental health providers, we also use light therapy, conduct support groups, and engage patients in other alternative therapies to help them overcome depression. We offer excellent ongoing care programs to keep a constant check on our alumni patients’ mental health.
What are the symptoms of depression?
Depression is a condition that can present itself with a variety of symptoms. Some patients experience symptoms at all times, while a few experience them occasionally. It’s also important to note that depression symptoms vary between men, women, and children. Here are some of the commonly reported symptoms of depression:
Symptoms in Men:
- Experiencing feelings of sadness, emptiness, or hopelessness
- Frequent outbursts out of anger, irritability, or over petty matters
- Loss of interest in sex, sports, hobbies, and other routine activities
- Insomnia or spending too much time sleeping
- Lack of energy and unusual tiredness
- Lack of appetite or increased cravings for food, etc.
Symptoms in women:
- Frequent mood swings
- Feeling sad, anxious, restless, or hopeless
- Withdrawing from social engagements and lack of interest in routine activities
- Suicidal and self-harming thoughts
- Reduced cognitive abilities
- Difficulty in sleeping through the night or sleeping too much
Symptoms in teenagers and children:
- Mood swings
- Experiencing feelings of incompetence, despair, or intense sadness
- Getting into trouble at school
- Lack of interest to go to school or avoiding friends and siblings
- Difficulty concentrating, poor grades, and weight gain or loss
- Difficulty in sleeping or sleeping too much
Call 949-541-9407 today to join one of the best depression treatment centers in Southern California. At AMFM, we offer full psychiatric evaluations by a highly experienced team of professionals and use a combination of mental health interventions, family therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and psycho-pharmacological treatments to help patients attain comprehensive mental wellness.